EventsJuly 22, 2020 2020-08-04 15:26
To create impact.
To build brands.
Summer Punk, 2013
Summer Punk 2013, a Modelling and Talent Hunt, was successfully conducted at the DLF City Centre Mall, MG Road. The Event received a huge footfall of over 500 people. Sponsored by Geetanjali Jewels, NewU Saloon, Habillez moi, Adorna, and Calipher, the Event witnessed 100 youngsters from across the City thronging the venue for auditions. Most of them were college students.
“Although I was nervous, I wanted to give it my best shot,” chirped the winner, Princy, who performed Chirmi, a Rajasthani folk dance in the talent round. Ravneet, winner in the male category said, “I have participated in many modelling hunts and shoots, but this is one of the most well organised events.” While many were novices, some of the participants had modelled earlier. A four-member jury – consisting of social activist Sanjana Jon, a choreographer Jayata Rohilla, model Shraddha Pandey, and fashion designer Deepak Singh – selected the winners.
Cookery workshop at Indian Grill Room
MasterChef India participant Kandla Nijhowne organised an organic cooking workshop at Indian Grill Room, Suncity Business Tower, Sector 54, Golf Course Road, Gurgaon, Haryana.
Nijhowne, one of the top five semi-finalists, brought with her some of her award-winning recipes. Apart from healthy organic recipes, the session included a talk by her on organic food, followed by a cooking competition.
Cookery workshop for Arttd'inox
Chef Kandla Nijhowne, Runner-up at MasterChef 1, took a cookery workshop at arttd’inox. She gave live demonstration of heart-friendly recipes to guests. The guests were esteemed members of Rotary Club and Lion’s Club. Chef Kandla NIjhowne demonstrated interesting recipes such as Eggless cake made with flex seeds, designer watermelon basket, and heart-friendly salad with catalane-style dressing.
arttd’inox is a part of the mammoth O.P. Jindal group was set up in 1970 by the Steel Visionary Mr. O.P. Jindal. Jindal Stainless Limited. Of which JSL Lifestyle limited is a subsidiary is an ISO: 9001 & ISO: 14001 company. The flagship company of the Jindal Organization has a global presence and is a INR 550 Billion Conglomerate. Started by the visionary Ms. Deepikaa Jindal arttd’inox in the past decade has been in bringing Stainless Steel into the luxury and lifestyle circuit in the country.
Kandla Nijhowne was an amateur cook, who found her way up to be amongst the top five semi-finalists in MasterChef India 1. Her achievements:
• Greatly admired by Akshay Kumar, she left the judges amazed at her baking skills.
• His Royal Highness The Maharaja Shri Arvindji of Udaipur declared Kandla’s dish the top-scorer amongst many in the Rajasthan Challenge.
• Her solo-creations won her top rank even when the judges were unbiased individuals who were not revealed the identity of any contestants.
• Possessing an artistic talent for intricate presentation, Kandla was originally inspired to cook during her stay in the UK . Even though her course of studies was Sociology Of Education, she ‘educated’ herself in food too!
• Masterchef season-2 saw her return to the small screen to throw a cooking challenge to the top 5 contestants of that season.
• She is the sole creator of these art-pieces in India. Consequently she has been featured in many national level magazines, newspapers and on TV channels.
• She is the brand ambassador for Modi Oil Mills, endorsing their new range of olive oils.
• A veritable encyclopedia on food, a cookbook and food videos for “yoboho.com” are two more ideas up her sleeve.